Rkt Steps?

Decorating By SodiumPentathol Updated 16 Aug 2012 , 11:27pm by savannahquinn

SodiumPentathol Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SodiumPentathol Posted 16 Aug 2012 , 9:25pm
post #1 of 3

Hey all,

My sons 1st birthday is coming up and I'm wanting to do a cake themed around his favourite book "Little Blue Truck". I'm hoping to make the truck as a topper, and all the animals for around the sides. Could y'all walk me through how to use RKT for the truck? And let me in on any super secret tricks to help make them smooth and pretty before I cover them in fondant? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I'm really hoping to make this cake special for him icon_smile.gif

2 replies
savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 16 Aug 2012 , 11:25pm
post #2 of 3

I usually cover RKT forms with modeling chocolate, I find it is easier to smooth out, I don't need to put buttercream on it first, and just allows me to work on it as much as I want to until I like the way it looks. I've used Wilton candy melts to make the modeling chocolate, very east to do!

savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 16 Aug 2012 , 11:27pm
post #3 of 3

I usually cover RKT forms with modeling chocolate, I find it is easier to smooth out, I don't need to put buttercream on it first, and just allows me to work on it as much as I want to until I like the way it looks. I've used Wilton candy melts to make the modeling chocolate, very east to do!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%