Help, New To Baking Cakes

Decorating By misschickpea Updated 10 Aug 2012 , 12:08am by luckyblueeye

misschickpea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misschickpea Posted 9 Aug 2012 , 9:56pm
post #1 of 3

HI
im making my friends daughters birthday cake for saturday. I have already made the cake and frozen and will take it out of the freezer tomorrow morning, then slice it and cover with butter icing. How long do i wait before i cover it with foundant??
IM doing all the decoration tomorrow,how will i store the cake after??? can i leave it out uncovered in my bedroom (which is very cool)??

Any tips very welcomed =)

thanks!!

2 replies
manddi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manddi Posted 9 Aug 2012 , 11:46pm
post #2 of 3

Take it out of the freezer tonight and put it in the fridge. Take it out of the fridge in the morning and let it come to room temp. Torte and fill it and let it sit for at least 3 hrs so it settles. If you skip that step you might end up with a big air bubble trapped under your fondant. Then crumb coat and cover with fondant.
Hope that helps! icon_smile.gif
Good luck!

luckyblueeye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckyblueeye Posted 10 Aug 2012 , 12:08am
post #3 of 3

I would take it out of the freezer now, cut into layers in about an hour (while it's still very cold and firm...easier to torte), and fill. Wrap the whole thing in clear wrap (cake board and all) and put in your fridge over night so it can settle. Ice in the morning and once it's either cruster or firm (I don't know what kind you're using), cover with fondant. I put my cakes back into the fridge when I'm done decorating...but I live in an area that is very, very dry. Good luck icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%