The Perfect Call To End My Day

Decorating By hrnewbie Updated 10 Aug 2012 , 8:32am by soozicake

hrnewbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hrnewbie Posted 9 Aug 2012 , 12:54am
post #1 of 3

Today as I was leaving work I got a call from someone telling me that the company is planning an event next week and they were wondering if I could make cupcakes. 600 cupcakes. With custom fondant toppers shaped like aliens, space ships, planets, etc. In less than a week. While working FT.

So they'd talked to the company that runs our cafeterias and weren't happy with what they were going to get for the money and someone had suggested they call me. Completely honored to have been recommended, I asked how much they were quoted and what they were thinking for price.

"$1.10 for each cupcake. It's just cupcakes, right? So can you make 600 cupcakes with custom toppers to match the theme for no more than $1 per cupcake?"

Ummmm, no. Thanks for calling. I guess we'll be eating cafeteria cupcakes next week after all.

2 replies
Wildgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wildgirl Posted 9 Aug 2012 , 3:21am
post #2 of 3

Oh that's way too bad. Maybe they'll reconsider... maybe you don't want them to! I'd hate to have that kind of pressure - so much and no time! I'm sure yours would be so much more worth eating though!

soozicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soozicake Posted 10 Aug 2012 , 8:32am
post #3 of 3

They must be on the same planet as their custom toppers. Gotta laugh, you gave me a giggle TFS.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%