Wheelchair Bride Topper

Decorating By hrnewbie Updated 8 Aug 2012 , 12:55pm by Lynne3

hrnewbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hrnewbie Posted 8 Aug 2012 , 12:18am
post #1 of 6

My brother is getting married this fall and my future SIL is in a wheelchair. They're having a heck of a time finding a cake topper with a bride in a wheelchair. I've tried searching too and found a few with grooms in a wheelchair but very few with a bride.

Has anyone had any luck with finding a similar cake topper before?

5 replies
sfandm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sfandm Posted 8 Aug 2012 , 12:29am
post #2 of 6

I found this site, you can pick what you want, and yes, they do have what you are wanting.

Link is to the exact page to order it. Tell them I said "Congrats" I did a wedding cake like this years ago, couple were awesome.

http://www.magicalday.com/wedding-in-a-wheel-chair-bride-groom.html

hrnewbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hrnewbie Posted 8 Aug 2012 , 12:34am
post #3 of 6

Hmmm, I saw that one but the groom is in the chair and not the bride. It says ou can customize his hair, etc. but no option to swap places. Perhaps I'll give them a call and see if that an option they just failed to highlight. Fingers crossed!

Addictive_desserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Addictive_desserts Posted 8 Aug 2012 , 12:47am
post #4 of 6
pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 8 Aug 2012 , 1:09am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrnewbie

Hmmm, I saw that one but the groom is in the chair and not the bride. It says ou can customize his hair, etc. but no option to swap places. Perhaps I'll give them a call and see if that an option they just failed to highlight. Fingers crossed!

If you look below where it says about customizing, it does say "bride in wheelchair".

Lynne3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynne3 Posted 8 Aug 2012 , 12:55pm
post #6 of 6

I saw a lot of them online and can give you the links. I guess it depends on how prominent you want the wheelchair to be. I attached pictures of the options I found.

Some had no chair, and instead have the couple sitting.

I think the most important thing is finding a bride that looks like your future SIL. Let me know if I can be of help.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%