Really Stuck...

Decorating By carmijok Updated 23 Jul 2012 , 1:00pm by BakingIrene

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 22 Jul 2012 , 10:07pm
post #1 of 5

I generally always can come up with an idea for a cake through looking at the galleries here and across the internet...or just thinking of something on my own...but this time I am really stumped.

A friend of my daughter's husband is turning 30 and is also leaving the Army and is a huge fan of Oklahoma State University. She wants all of these incorporated somehow...but would like an emphasis on OSU and turning 30. I am at a total loss of how to put the army thing in with the OSU/30 deal. I'm throwing an idea out now and I need an opinion of it as well as maybe a better way to do it and OTHER ideas if possible. I thought of a spiral cake with the outside bottom tier being camo with a sandy road starting up the cake with maybe some dog tags, and a helmet and a boot along the trail...kind of like he's dropping everything off as he goes up the hill then it turns into a road and the top tier which is black and has orange OSU symbols on it and a paved road that leads to the top where I can have a figure standing...maybe Pistol Pete. I don't know. This is hard.

Any help out there? I"m not averse to a sheet cake either if I can get the right look. Any ideas are appreciated!! Thank you!!

4 replies
cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 23 Jul 2012 , 1:30am
post #2 of 5

A camo helmet in OSU colors sitting on a textbook. The "title" of the textbook: 30 years and marching on." Any of that help?

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 23 Jul 2012 , 2:33am
post #3 of 5

I like both of these ideas, but carmijok, you have hit it on the nail. Love your idea. go with it.

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 23 Jul 2012 , 3:10am
post #4 of 5

Thanks icer101. I have already done a spiral cake, so my main concern is all the other details involved.
And thanks cheatize for your idea... I like your phrase...and the OSU camo idea too. thumbs_up.gif

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 23 Jul 2012 , 1:00pm
post #5 of 5

Bottom tier covered with army stuff and camo OK.

Top with 2 green tiers and "OSU@30" banner and insignia. The black/orange cake will not look so positive as a green hill that can be sculpted as much as you feel like.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%