Rice Krispie Treat Instead Of Cake Board

Decorating By BOOTNEYBOO1 Updated 24 Jul 2012 , 2:06am by BlakesCakes

BOOTNEYBOO1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BOOTNEYBOO1 Posted 21 Jul 2012 , 11:16pm
post #1 of 5

Has anyone ever heard of a cake having a rice krispie treat board instead of a cake board. A new customer ask me not to put the cake board in the middle of a sculpted cake. She said that a prior bakery puts rice krispie treats on top of the dowels and then cake. Has anyone ever heard of this? Will this be stable enough?

4 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 21 Jul 2012 , 11:28pm
post #2 of 5

Dowels will pierce right through RKTs.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 21 Jul 2012 , 11:57pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWR41

Dowels will pierce right through RKTs.

Exactly. Not to mention the added $$ and time to create it. You'd have to compress a lot of RKTs to get a significant sized board.

I doubt that in the customer's previous cake that the RKTs were "load bearing". They were probably just used at a point where carving cake wasn't an option.

JMHO
RAe

BOOTNEYBOO1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BOOTNEYBOO1 Posted 24 Jul 2012 , 1:31am
post #4 of 5

That is what I told her. Dowels would pierce through and it wouldnt support but she insisted that they did and she could cut the cake all the way through. She said with a handbag I made her that she didn't know and it was hard to cut but that was because she cut through the cake board. I have to make a slot machine next and I am worried that dowel will go through RKT.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 24 Jul 2012 , 2:06am
post #5 of 5

Well, I won't argue with clients about my practices. I tell them what I do---I don't let THEM tell ME what I do.

If they don't like the way I do things, then I very nicely tell them that I'm probably just not their baker.

I do give detailed disassembling and cutting instructions with all cakes, sometimes with diagrams.

If she knows where the board is ahead of time, she just cuts under it and removes the upper portion. It shouldn't be a big deal............certainly not as big a deal as a disaster would be....

Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%