Tastings

Business By chefsdc24 Updated 8 Jul 2012 , 8:01pm by costumeczar

chefsdc24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefsdc24 Posted 7 Jul 2012 , 11:30pm
post #1 of 3

Do you require customers to pay for a tasting? I had a customer make an appointment for me to come to them with two different cakes (6 inch) . I called before I left and they decided to tell me that they had already chosen someone else. But I was left with the product. My family didn't mind......but that cost me. What would you suggest?

2 replies
auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 8 Jul 2012 , 5:49pm
post #2 of 3

Yes I charge for a tastings IF they ask me to make specific flavors for them to taste. However, if they taste what we are working with at the time than no because they don't get more than a slice of cake to taste amongst their group. (I only allow up to 4 persons per group) I also give them credit if they book with me with 48hrs of their tasting.

HTH

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 8 Jul 2012 , 8:01pm
post #3 of 3

I do the same thing...I just bake a 6" round with extra batter of the cakes that I'm doing that week, then cut it into pieces for samples. I definitely don't do entire cakes for tastings! It's a tasting, not a meal. I also do all of my tastings on one day, so if I have 7 scheduled and one no show it's not as big a deal.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%