newbaker1979 Posted 5 Jul 2012 , 4:55pm
post #1 of

My family are huge HUGE Alabama football fans. I so what to knock their socks off with a cake in the shape of Paul "Bear" Bryants' hounds tooth Fedora hat . i am not good at carving a cake can someone tell me were i can get a pan or give me some easy ideas on how to do this? Also, does anyone know where i can get a cake pan costume made ? i would love a 3 d pan in the shape of the hat, willing to pay someone to make it. any help or advice would be appreciated thanks for taking the time to read my post.

3 replies
shawna29xx Posted 5 Jul 2012 , 5:16pm
post #2 of

wilton has a 3d bear pan. check your local michaels and joanns they should have one. they also have coupons out this week for 50% off. also for the hat check out wiltons 3d sports ball pans at the same stores. GOOD LUCK!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Lynne3 Posted 5 Jul 2012 , 6:30pm
post #3 of

Carving the cake is not a really big deal if you have a fedora to use as a guide. I found this online. Hope it helps.

Cover Cake in Fondant. Apply edible houndstooth sugar overlay. (Lucks Edible Image Designer Prints Houndstooth Black,) Tint small amount of fondant red and make 2 red feathers apply to side of cake. Make a houndstooth ribbon to apply to base of hat. Tint fondant black and add small detail to edge of hat to give it more definition.
LL

newbaker1979 Posted 5 Jul 2012 , 7:36pm
post #4 of

Thanks shawna and lynn! I really want this to go over well. wish me luck birthday.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%