What Size Cake/cupcake Boxes Fit Most Of Your Needs.

Decorating By vgcea Updated 28 Jun 2012 , 9:31pm by vgcea

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 28 Jun 2012 , 2:26am
post #1 of 7

I'm buying in bulk and would like to order a couple of sizes that have multi-purpose uses rather than buying a hundred boxes for each size of cake. What cake/cupcake box sizes would you recommend? What creative ways have you found to get more uses out of a certain box size?

6 replies
Pearl645 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl645 Posted 28 Jun 2012 , 2:46am
post #2 of 7

Ahh smart. I made this same change this year. I order bulk of 10" cake boxes (sold in 100s) and it just happens that the 6-count cupcake holders are sold separately and fit into a 10" cake box. There aren't any 1 dozen cupcake holder boxes here. The next size up is 14" that I order bulk in. That is the largest cake box size I have access to locally. Works out great that I only have 2 cake box sizes now. Had a lot of $$$ tied up in box sizes that were less used. I made this decision based on which cake sizes were sold the most.

vgcea Posted 28 Jun 2012 , 3:18am
post #3 of 7

Yeah I hate the idea of having hundreds of random boxes lying around using up space and money. I'm thinking 12 x 12 x 5 for all cakes 10 inches or less. I wish there were cupcake inserts that fit that size of box too. That would be perfect.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 28 Jun 2012 , 4:11am
post #4 of 7

I use 10x 10 for cakes, cheesecakes, and 6 cupcakes, 14 x 10 for 12 cupcakes. I have other sizes but not really for cakes. I use a 4 x 8 box for two cupcakes (sample) and a 7 x 7 for smaller misc.

All are the pink from BRP with cupcake liners. For wedding, which I do very little, I go to the cake supply store.

Pearl645 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl645 Posted 28 Jun 2012 , 4:16am
post #5 of 7

Lucky you scp! I love the pink boxes from brp. I admire them weekly from my pc screen. The S&H all the way to my country doesn't make financial sense. I might end up adding on $5US - $10 US extra just for a cake or cupcake box. I saw Sarah holding up that pink box on your website front page and wished I had those too. Really stands out.

vgcea Posted 28 Jun 2012 , 5:13am
post #6 of 7

BRPboxshop has the most beautiful boxes and I love their new cake box designs.
scp1127 those pink boxes fit right in with the rest of your designs and logo.

vgcea Posted 28 Jun 2012 , 9:31pm
post #7 of 7

bump...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%