How Much To Charge Hotel To Provide Cakes?

Business By LoveMeSomeCake615 Updated 20 Jun 2012 , 7:48am by CWR41

LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 20 Jun 2012 , 2:36am
post #1 of 2

We were approached by a local hotel who usually provides the wedding cake as part of their wedding package. The pastry chef came into the shop and asked if we might be interested in providing the cakes for two weddings coming up in July because she is going to be on vacation for that weekend. Both of the cakes are really basic buttercream and fondant, and they would provide flowers and toppers for decoration. She emailed all of the details today and wants to know what we would charge for them.

My question is should we charge them the same as we do a bride? Or is it customary in this situation to charge a lower price? She seemed to imply that if this time works out, she would call us for future jobs that she would be unavailable for (Although I don't expect that to be on a regular basis since she said she doesn't go out of town very often). So we are definitely interested as long as it's profitable and beneficial for all concerned.

Any other concerns or questions I should ask? I would assume there would be some kind of contract between us and the venue. The other thing she mentioned in the email is that they would pay us that day for the cakes, but we require payment in advance for all orders.

Sorry this was long, thanks for any advice!

1 reply
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 20 Jun 2012 , 7:48am
post #2 of 2

Find out what they're charging the brides, and let them know if it's profitable for you to make it for the same price they are charging. If not, give them your regular price. Either way, let them know your PIF requirements.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%