@#$%*! Chocolate Cake

Baking By MissyTex Updated 16 Jun 2013 , 4:09pm by Pam1976

JKDB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JKDB Posted 12 Jun 2013 , 12:05am
post #31 of 41

I was having problems with chocolate cake too.  Mine always fell apart when I would take them out of the pan. I like this recipe.  It's one that Buddy Valastro gave out on Rachel Ray (I doubt it's really the recipe he uses, but its been a hit for me)

http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/buddy-valastros-chocolate-cake/

JerryLINY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JerryLINY Posted 12 Jun 2013 , 12:11am
post #32 of 41

He really should have the chocolate in ounces (squares) so it's easier to measure and less chance for error.

shanienee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanienee Posted 12 Jun 2013 , 12:17am
post #33 of 41

This is the recipe that I use a lot for chocolate cake. It is delicious!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/extreme-chocolate-cake/detail.aspx

JKDB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JKDB Posted 12 Jun 2013 , 12:50am
post #34 of 41

A

Original message sent by JerryLINY

He really should have the chocolate in ounces (squares) so it's easier to measure and less chance for error.

I agree! I actually melted the chocolate then measured it in a measuring cup. I used 6 squares. The only thing with this recipe is that if you put it in the fridge it will go slightly hard because of the chocolate. But once at room temp its moist again .

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 14 Jun 2013 , 6:08pm
post #35 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanienee 

This is the recipe that I use a lot for chocolate cake. It is delicious!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/extreme-chocolate-cake/detail.aspx

This is the Hershey's recipe.

Paperfishies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paperfishies Posted 14 Jun 2013 , 7:03pm
post #36 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromScratchSF 

LOL!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA this is why I despise most celebrity chefs. They just about never write their own recipes, and this is particularly amusing that there is a copyright at the top of the website. LOL, Copyrighting the Hershey's recipe with no mention that the recipe is Hershey's. Priceless.

that's funny! 

the only difference is she is using a cup of hot coffee instead of the boiling water and buttermilk instead of the milk, I modify the Hershey's recipe as well.

I use the Hershey's recipe, however I use valrhona cocoa powder, hersheys just isn't "chocolatey" tasting to me and I use either 1 cup of buttermilk in place of the milk (for cupcakes, they dome better with the buttermilk) or I use 1 cup of sourcream in place of the milk for a cake and I use 1 cup of strong coffee in place of the water.

shanienee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanienee Posted 15 Jun 2013 , 2:23am
post #37 of 41

Is it? I didn't know. On allrecipes, they call it Extreme Chocolate Cake. It's good though.

Lovelyladylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelyladylibra Posted 15 Jun 2013 , 2:27am
post #38 of 41

try again. Ive made hersheys and tobas and never had a problem. (unless i over fill the pan with the hersheys, then well....)

Lovelyladylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelyladylibra Posted 15 Jun 2013 , 2:28am
post #39 of 41

try again. Ive made hersheys and tobas and never had a problem. (unless i over fill the pan with the hersheys, then well....)

taartbakken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taartbakken Posted 15 Jun 2013 , 5:53am
post #40 of 41

Hiiii,

Want to know more recipes for cake make delicious cakes for any occasion with pie baking delicious tart recepten we offer online workshop to help you with all kinds of ideas, tips and special recipes.

http://www.taart-bakken.nl

Pam1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pam1976 Posted 16 Jun 2013 , 4:09pm
post #41 of 41

However, Beatty's chocoate cake used coffee instead of just water.  The coffee will enhance the chocolate flavor.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%