Wedding Cake Pops

Baking By Prima Updated 8 Apr 2013 , 10:10pm by wickedpops

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 12 Jun 2012 , 9:22pm
post #31 of 34

Yikes.. So she asked for only 1 - 1 1/2 per guest? Have you tried making any yet? What size were you planning on making them?

Prima Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Prima Posted 12 Jun 2012 , 9:34pm
post #32 of 34

Yes, I know. I cautioned her that people will likely grab two or three of these, so she might need much more than 1 each. But, she thinks having 900 cake pops is too much (and I have to agree). Given the summer heat, the numbers of guests, etc., I'm trying to devise a plan where I include a few hundred well-chilled cake pops plus either a trio of cakes in different flavors, or a dessert buffet that will feed the large number of guests she's expecting. I'm putting together some inspiration boards & sample menus for her, to see how the different options might work out. But, it's her wedding, and so what she wants ultimately goes. icon_smile.gif

EvMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvMarie Posted 13 Jun 2012 , 5:00am
post #33 of 34

Maybe you could pitch cake pops for favors....then continue on your dessert table idea. It would take the guess work out of it.

Just an idea.

wickedpops Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wickedpops Posted 8 Apr 2013 , 10:10pm
post #34 of 34

AHi im new to this site and have enjoyed reading all the comments on this thread. Dont know if this helps or not but 2 ideas for you to think about.

I did cake pops for my nieces wedding last year, stood them popside down with stick upright, each pop had place setting card attached with the guests name on it so it doubled up as a treat with coffee after the meal and also the wedding favour as back of card said thankyou to the guest from bride and groom. Like previously suggested standing them stickside up means u can pack them in rows in a large fridge most venues have catering fridges u could arrange to store them on a fridge trolley day before.

Second suggestion is tht given the heat mentioned, why dont you suggest to yor friend tht you make the wedding cake as planned but you can prepare cake pops/balls use cocktail sticks and insert them into base of each tier for decoration, you could stack 2/3 rows of them , looks different and effective could also do different flavour pops for each tier. Tht way youre friend has got the best of both, a wedding cake and pops also.

Good luck x

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%