Twin Yolks?

Baking By Claire138 Updated 4 Jun 2012 , 6:10pm by Claire138

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 4 Jun 2012 , 2:32pm
post #1 of 4

I bought a tray of eggs (same ones as always) and upon cracking some of them I have found that there are quite a few that have 2 yolks inside. I used them as I regularly do but just wondered if any of you might have had the same thing happen and if yes did you count them as 1 or 2 eggs? I can't tell any difference in the cakes but am curious none the less.

3 replies
BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 4 Jun 2012 , 2:35pm
post #2 of 4

One egg is one egg.

The only place where there could be a difference is if you are whipping the whites, then you will find that you need more of these eggs to make up the volume.

cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 4 Jun 2012 , 3:49pm
post #3 of 4

Slightly off topic, but amusing story. I had always been told that finding an egg with two yolks was good luck, and one would occasionally find a double yolked egg when we lived on a farm and raised our own or when we bought from local farmers, but I had never found one in a carton of store bought eggs. When I moved to Quebec and we celebrated our first easter there, imagine my surprise when I went to cook DH's easter breakfast and every egg I cracked was a double. I was so excited till I looked at the carton more closely and saw that it was labled as being double yolked. I don't know if that's peculiar to Quebec, but every easter I would see cartons of double yolked eggs in the stores there, and I've never seen them anywhere else.

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 4 Jun 2012 , 6:10pm
post #4 of 4

Thanksicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%