Gum Paste Parrot Tulip

Decorating By SPODN Updated 1 Jun 2012 , 6:51pm by SPODN

SPODN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SPODN Posted 30 May 2012 , 5:40pm
post #1 of 4

I have spent the paste week searching for a tutorial for making gum paste parrot tulips. I purchased a set of cutters and mold for this tulip but the instructions that came with it are not very good. I'm ready to give up. I did some petals yesterday and they look really nice but putting them together to make a flower was a bit of a disaster.

Has anyone ever used these cutters and molds, does anyone know of a tutorial that I can access or purchase. There may be one in Scot Clark Wooley's book or dvd but frankly they are too pricey for me right now. I am not a professional and this is for a wedding cake for my niece. icon_cry.gif

3 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 30 May 2012 , 6:06pm
post #2 of 4

Hi, i have made one for a twighlight cake in my pics. This link shoudl help you. Also, just google gumpaste parrot tulip tutorial and you will see a lot of help. I also think there is one on youtube. htht Painting it ,is essential also.

sabre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sabre Posted 30 May 2012 , 7:08pm
post #3 of 4

Try contacting CakeFu.com and ask if they will replay the Tulip Tutorial by James Rosselle. They feature many great cake artists once a month for FREE!

SPODN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SPODN Posted 1 Jun 2012 , 6:51pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the info. I've joined Cakefu and asked for the replay. icon_smile.gif [/u]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%