Anyone Seens A Stencil Like This?

Decorating By manomi Updated 30 May 2012 , 1:53am by manomi

manomi Posted 30 May 2012 , 1:10am
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone..
I am looking to find a stencil similar to the design on the 4th tier from top.... This seems hand painted,right? I don't think I can get the precision if I free hand it.. If any of you have seen a stencil thats similar to this, I would greatly appreciate it.

2 replies
southerncross Posted 30 May 2012 , 1:41am
post #2 of 3

I bought a stencil very similar to that one at Michael's. Hobby Lobby sells the same one...I think I paid about $5. I haven't used it yet so I don't have a picture to post but it's put out by "Americana" and is called the "spiral scroll". Stencil Ease sells the same thing for a higher price:

the only problem is that the design is a smidgeon over 5" wide so you have to bake a really tall cake to make it work. My cakes are about 4 to 5 inches tall depending on the recipe (and I tort my cakes).

manomi Posted 30 May 2012 , 1:53am
post #3 of 3

Thank you so much southerncross...We don't have a hobbylobby here but I'll check Michaels...If I don't find it, I will buy it from the link you sent...My cakes are normally 4 inches high..I think I will put it on a cake pan to raise it a bit and then use the stencil...thanks once again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%