How Do I Get Handles To Stay On Bc Purse Cake?

Decorating By CandyB Updated 31 May 2012 , 3:04am by CandyB

CandyB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyB Posted 29 May 2012 , 10:55pm
post #1 of 3

Hi, this is my first post here. I have to make a purse cake this weekend and I plan to use buttercream icing with edible images. For the handles/accents I plan to use fondant/gumpaste.

My question is, how do I get the handles to stay in the buttercream cake? I tried a shoe before using frosting or honey as glue and I remember getting frustrated because the straps wouldn't stick together. So I don't know if it will be worse getting them to stay on top of buttercream.I don't know if they will be standing up or laying down but either way I'm afraid of them falling off.

Any tips on getting them to stay on the cake?

Thanks in advance!!

2 replies
mudderteresa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mudderteresa Posted 31 May 2012 , 2:07am
post #2 of 3

hey there i did one not long ago and i attached the handles with water i believe but anyhow when i transported it i kept the aluminum foil holding up the handles on the cake til i got it to where i was going . it needs to be held up until it is dry and keeping it supported on the ride really helps...

CandyB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyB Posted 31 May 2012 , 3:04am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudderteresa

hey there i did one not long ago and i attached the handles with water i believe but anyhow when i transported it i kept the aluminum foil holding up the handles on the cake til i got it to where i was going . it needs to be held up until it is dry and keeping it supported on the ride really helps...

Wow, I had no idea water would work. Good idea about keeping it tied up until you get it there. That's the time when I fear it falling off.
Thank you!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%