How Do You Travel With Your Frosted Cake?

Decorating By SoFloGuy Updated 26 May 2012 , 2:04pm by Moniquea

SoFloGuy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SoFloGuy Posted 26 May 2012 , 3:13am
post #1 of 5

Meaning if you make a cake for a friend what do you put it in to take it to them? What do you put underneath and what do you wrap it with?

4 replies
Moniquea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moniquea Posted 26 May 2012 , 3:23am
post #2 of 5

Usually put it in a box or cake carrier. That keeps foreign debris from landing on your cake.

Then experience and judgement will help you with where to place it. I like a rolled up towel to fill when the seat cusion and back meet in the front seat, then another towel on top, layed flat, to keep the cake from slipping.

You can lay it flat on the floor in the passengers side, again with a towel to keep it from slipping but there is always the chance of a steep incline or hill. The cake can slip inside of the box and get ruined, so I usually like the passenger seat in case of the short stop icon_wink.gif

SoFloGuy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SoFloGuy Posted 26 May 2012 , 5:41am
post #3 of 5

Thanks, where would I buy a cake box? I don't mean a cake carrier, I mean a box or a plastic dome like the supermarkets use.

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 26 May 2012 , 12:37pm
post #4 of 5

I usually make a box of whatever size out of cardboard boxes, and some kind of lid, unless it's super tall, in which case, it gets no lid. It's easier to handle if it's in some kind of box, even if there's no lid on it.

Moniquea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moniquea Posted 26 May 2012 , 2:04pm
post #5 of 5

You can get a box at a craft store like michaels.

I save boxes to use that I get items shipped to me or groceries stores throw them away.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%