Rice Crispy Treats

Baking By Pattycakes80 Updated 20 May 2012 , 4:30pm by auntginn

Pattycakes80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pattycakes80 Posted 20 May 2012 , 8:20am
post #1 of 5

Hi allicon_smile.gif
I am wanting to make a rouletter wheel cake next weekend and thought of using RKT as the outside structure of the cake, as the centre part that spins is enough to serve the amount I need.

Just wondering what is the best recipe to use for RKT and exactly how to do it? I have just made a batch from a recipe online and it was a sticky mess that went rock hard on me before I could even get it into a tin to press into a square.

All help is much wanted and appreciated.xx

4 replies
auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 20 May 2012 , 8:58am
post #2 of 5

I start with using the basic recipe, Cereal, marshmellows & butter. I add twice as much butter so it doesn't harden to fast on me. I coat my hands with non stick spray before pressing into shape. BUT.. depending on what I'm making and how sturdy it needs to be, determines how packed I press the cereal into the mold or the shape I'm working with.

HTH

sleaky77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sleaky77 Posted 20 May 2012 , 9:58am
post #3 of 5

I just used RKT on my T.rex cake. I started with the traditional recipe from the side of the box and found I couldn't get it to stay in the shape I wanted (it just flopped). i came to CC for help and found the butter was making it soft. Lots of people also said they used half as much cereal. I added another lot of marshmallows which made it extra sticky and it held it's shape beautifully.

Pattycakes80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pattycakes80 Posted 20 May 2012 , 10:41am
post #4 of 5

Thank you so muchicon_smile.gif
I just got my mix out of the fridge to try and cut into blocks and it was like concrete and crumbled as I cut it.. But I didn't have the butter, will try again tomorrow.

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 20 May 2012 , 4:30pm
post #5 of 5

Ah.. that might be it as well. I don't put mine in the fridge. I let it stand out to harden.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%