Leopard Print Cake! Need Advice Tonight!

Decorating By Foolhardyheroes Updated 19 May 2012 , 11:22am by sprinklescakeboutique

Foolhardyheroes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Foolhardyheroes Posted 19 May 2012 , 4:52am
post #1 of 2

Hey Everyone Sooo this is a bit last minute but I am doing a cake thats due tomorrow morning that will be a leopard print cake Ive done leopard before. no problem. but my issue is that ive only ever done it with buttercream and this will be a fondant cake! I was looking up your guys' leopard print cakes in the galleries and most of them are handpainted... again no problem but Im afraid it will look shiny or smear easily! does anyone have any advice on hand painting cakes and how to keep them from being shiny and sloppy looking! any help is appreciated asap! thank you!!!!

1 reply
sprinklescakeboutique Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sprinklescakeboutique Posted 19 May 2012 , 11:22am
post #2 of 2

painting on fondant cakes is quite straight forward if you can paint on buttercream you should be able to paint on fondant no problem icon_smile.gif
i find it best to let the fondant dry a bit before you start to paint painting on fresh fondant will be easier to mess up. I paint with alcohol or you can buy a liquid to paint with from a cake supply store. it dries quick so shouldnt be shiny or drip etc. dont overload your brush to much and your good to go icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%