Stood My Ground

Business By Norasmom Updated 31 May 2012 , 4:36am by vtcake

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 18 May 2012 , 11:55pm
post #1 of 5

So glad so many posts on this site talk about not lowering prices. A friend wanted a Dr. Seuss cake (for a wedding shower...) for 50 people. I quoted her what was a fair price but she politely told me that was not what they had intended to spend. I told her no problem, I completely understand. Keep me in mind for future orders. She said she would. I am glad I did not put my all into a cake for not enough money. I am now legal and will be charging accordingly. thumbs_up.gif

4 replies
inspiredbymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inspiredbymom Posted 19 May 2012 , 12:35am
post #2 of 5

Job well done. I am still going through this myself. It is still hard to tell my good friends no, but I'm getting better at turning down work for not enough pay thanks to CC!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 20 May 2012 , 9:33pm
post #3 of 5

Good for you! I don't see the grocery store lowering my price if I tell them that wasn't what I wanted to spend this week, so why should you lower your prices?

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 20 May 2012 , 9:52pm
post #4 of 5

Good for you!!! I am not a business, so I don't have to worry about prices, but I have been telling people no alot lately. I just don't want to be that busy doing free cakes. Sure, I enjoy making these cakes, but I enjoy my family too!!!!

vtcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vtcake Posted 31 May 2012 , 4:36am
post #5 of 5

It's great to stand your ground, but you could've taken that opportunity to tell her that it's illegal for you to do a copyrighted image, without permission from the copyright owner.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%