Fbct Question

Decorating By princess_09 Updated 4 May 2012 , 6:14pm by princess_09

princess_09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princess_09 Posted 3 May 2012 , 3:09am
post #1 of 3

I am going to be doing my first FBCT on Friday for a pull apart cupcake cake I need for a birthday party on Saturday. The party is going to be outside and it is going to be in the high 80's, possibly 90's that day! I have a few questions, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

#1- After completing the transfer, should I freeze and then apply it on Friday or wait until Saturday morning?

#2- What is the best way to thaw the transfer? Should I refrigerate the cake after I attach the transfer so that it can thaw slowly, to avoid color bleeding? Or leave the cake out in room temperature?

#3- I found a BC recipe that is said to be good for high humidity situations. Does anyone have a go to BC recipe they use for transfers, on cakes in the summer in outdoor high temp. situations?

Sorry if these questions seem dumb haha Like I said it is my first FBCT and I am a little nervous! Mainly about it melting due to the heat, or the colors all bleeding together :/

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help!

2 replies
cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 3 May 2012 , 4:12am
post #2 of 3

Hi,
There are no dumb questions here! It's been a while since I've done one but I use IndyDebi's icing for the color and the Wilton black icing in the tube works GREAT for the outlining. Indydebi's holds up really well in the heat/humidity. Not sure about Wilton, but it works so well for outlining. I left the cake out at room temperature, but I live in a dry area. Good luck and I hope someone else can answer the other questions. I would recommend you PM Texas Sugar - she is really good at them, has done a lot and gave me some good advice!
Terri

princess_09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princess_09 Posted 4 May 2012 , 6:14pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you so much for your advice Terri! I will definitely have to try that out!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%