Marshmallow Frosting Help!!

Baking By lisaleigh2828 Updated 15 Apr 2012 , 10:50pm by FlourPots

lisaleigh2828 Posted 15 Apr 2012 , 6:11am
post #1 of 4

I've tried to make this frosting 3 times now.. I just cant seem to get it.. Heres what I did..
I mixed 1 cup of butter with 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar, 1 tbsp on vanilla extract and 8 oz of marshmallow fluff.. Ive beat it for 15-20 mins and its still creamy... almost runny.. So i tried adding an egg white.. still no change.. Please someone help!! what am I doing wrong? icon_mad.gif

3 replies
FlourPots Posted 15 Apr 2012 , 6:24am
post #2 of 4

With that amount of fluff, I think you may need to increase everything else.

The marshmallow bc recipe that I'm in love with right now is by's on her blog, under "What buttercream do you use?" )

1 lb unsalted butter - whip for 10 min on high
1 - 7oz jar of marshmallow cream - whip on high for 5 min
1 lb powdered sugar - whip on high for 5 min
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream - whip on high for 5in
3 Tbsp vanilla - whip until incorporated.

This makes a really light amazing buttercream. You can add more heavy whipping cream (the liquid, not actual whipped cream) if you want, depending upon the consistency you're looking for.
*You can also throw in a block of cream cheese at room temp to make it even more yummy!

lisaleigh2828 Posted 15 Apr 2012 , 6:56pm
post #3 of 4

Oh.. See what I did was put in all in a bowl and mixed it... no pre mixing at all. Could that be the problem?

FlourPots Posted 15 Apr 2012 , 10:50pm
post #4 of 4

I still feel like it's the ingredient amounts, but I'm definitely no expert, so I could be wrong!

The shortening based bc that I also use, I've done both ways...beating the heck out of it in stages, and also dumping everything in with almost no mixing in-between...same result.

Quote by @%username% on %date%