Mickey Mouse Cake Without Copyright Infrigement??

Business By mjsirhunter Updated 14 Apr 2012 , 12:07am by mjsirhunter

mjsirhunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjsirhunter Posted 13 Apr 2012 , 8:53pm
post #1 of 3

Hello, I have a request for a Mickey Mouse themed cake. I know that I can only place the character on the cake if it is a bought figurine or cake topper. My question is - Can I put a black Mickey face and ears shape on the cake or a Mickey hat without violating copyright?? TIA

2 replies
gatorcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gatorcake Posted 13 Apr 2012 , 11:55pm
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjsirhunter

Hello, I have a request for a Mickey Mouse themed cake. I know that I can only place the character on the cake if it is a bought figurine or cake topper. My question is - Can I put a black Mickey face and ears shape on the cake or a Mickey hat without violating copyright?? TIA

Your decos? Whether or not it would be copyright infringement, it would be a trademark infringement, Mickey's ears are a registered trademark

mjsirhunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjsirhunter Posted 14 Apr 2012 , 12:07am
post #3 of 3

Thank you. Yes my decos? That was what I was thinking but you see so many people do it that you start to wonder...I assume it the same for the mickey hats too?......time to get my creative juices flowing! LOL I dont like to use toppers unless its an last resort and the customer really wants the character on the cake. Thanks again

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%