For Those Of You Who Sell At Farmer's Markets

Business By ABingtheBaker Updated 3 Apr 2012 , 7:27pm by ABingtheBaker

ABingtheBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ABingtheBaker Posted 3 Apr 2012 , 3:00pm
post #1 of 6

How far in advance do you start baking? This will be my first time selling at a Farmer's Market this summer and I want to make sure that the items I sell are fresh, but also don't want to try and bake everything early the morning of and possibly not finish everything. I plan on selling cupcakes, cookies, muffins, scones, quick breads and a couple of other things. TIA!

5 replies
ChefAngie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChefAngie Posted 3 Apr 2012 , 3:35pm
post #2 of 6

I bake the night before.
The packaging I use come from plasticcontainer.com-keeps the goodies fresh.
Happy Baking and Decorating,
Chef Angie

ABingtheBaker Posted 3 Apr 2012 , 4:10pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you so much for the info ChefAngie!

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 3 Apr 2012 , 5:33pm
post #4 of 6

You can prepare batters and doughs a few days ahead and refrigerate (or longer if you freeze) and then bake off early in the a.m or the night before.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 3 Apr 2012 , 6:39pm
post #5 of 6

If your recipes freeze well (most cupcakes, muffins, and breads should) then you can easily bake weeks in advance. Just do a trial run with freezing/unfreezing so you have a process down that preserves the quality of the products.

ABingtheBaker Posted 3 Apr 2012 , 7:27pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you, MimiFix for the tip! I have never tried refrigerating my batters before, but I may do a trial run with them to see if they produce the same results.

Thank you, Jason_Kraft also for the tip about freezing ahead of time. I have frozen cakes before, but not cupcakes so I am going to freeze some and see how they turn out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%