Wedding Cake

Decorating By believer Updated 3 Apr 2012 , 8:31pm by dogwood

believer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
believer Posted 3 Apr 2012 , 2:51pm
post #1 of 5

My sister is getting married on Saturday. I am doing the cake. My schedule is so busy this week. I am wondering if I can ice cake in buttercream on Wednesday? I would assembly the cake on Saturday. I want the cake to stay fresh.

One other question I am doing my nephew cakes in June (yes two cakes one for wedding and one for a reception that will be later in June). My problem is that the wedding is 7 hours away in North Carolina. I live in Virginia. All buttercream. It will be hot. What would be the best way to transport these cakes?

thanks

4 replies
believer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
believer Posted 3 Apr 2012 , 7:45pm
post #2 of 5

Anyone?

Reyna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reyna Posted 3 Apr 2012 , 8:05pm
post #3 of 5

I think it should be fine as long as the cake is in a refrigerator with no food. so many days in the fridge will pick up any odors and flavors. You are still at risk of it tasting "refrigerated" that far ahead of time. On the other one I suggest you take it baked and ice it over there I think the date and the travel hours are not good for buttercream at all.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 3 Apr 2012 , 8:20pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by believer

I am wondering if I can ice cake in buttercream on Wednesday? I would assembly the cake on Saturday. I want the cake to stay fresh.

Your cake will be fine for longer than four days at room temperature. The buttercream will prevent the cake from drying out.

dogwood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dogwood Posted 3 Apr 2012 , 8:31pm
post #5 of 5

The only way I would travel that far in June with a buttercream cake would be if I had a refrigeration truck. I had a bad experience this past summer driving an hour on July 15 and about a mile of that drive on a hilly, gravel drive. My buttercream started melting and slipped down some in places. I had to do considerable repair work when I got to the venue.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%