Help! Please?!

Decorating By ScaryMissMary Updated 2 Apr 2012 , 2:21pm by FullHouse

ScaryMissMary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ScaryMissMary Posted 2 Apr 2012 , 8:45am
post #1 of 3

I've had an enquiry about a wedding cake (this will be my first, so already a tall order)
The lovely lady ordering the cake has asked for a novelty bedroom scene..fine, I can do that. She also wants a small reference to Aston Villa as a joke, which I plan to put on a cushion in the scene.
Here's where it starts to get more difficult. The cake is to be three square tiers, with pillars in between..I can't imagine a novelty cake to look good with pillars. Is there any way to incorporate them, or should I just tell her straight that it won't look good? The cake is also to have gerbera daisies on the corner of each tier.

I'm by no means an expert, and very new to the cake decorating scene. I'd have no issue with doing the pillar cake with gerberas, OR the novelty scene, but I'm having trouble thinking of ways to tie all these ideas together.

Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated!

2 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 2 Apr 2012 , 2:18pm
post #2 of 3

Hi there, I am sorry I cannot help with the pillars question as I haven't done any with them. But you can get lots of help from youtube and there are so many different pillars in the market. I don't think that incorporating all these together is a problem. You can do the bedroom on the top tier. You can make the bed and all the little accents that goes in there with modeling paste or flower paste. Then you make the gerberas and keep them on each tier.

If you are ont sure, why don't you sketch it on a piece of paper and see how its going to look like. icon_biggrin.gif

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 2 Apr 2012 , 2:21pm
post #3 of 3

While it certainly wouldn't be my choice for a wedding cake... You could put the bedroom scene in between two of the tiers, slightly hidden, like you are peeking in.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%