Frosting Creations

Lounge By Karema Updated 26 Apr 2012 , 3:27am by kellyd01

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 27 Mar 2012 , 7:52pm
post #1 of 6

Has anyone tried the Frosting Creations by Duncan Hines? It looks interesting. It is a pack of flavoring that you stir into your frosting. They have flavors like orange creamsicle, chocolate almond and cotton candy. Just was thinking of giving it a try... But I would stir it into homemade buttercream instead of the can of frosting.

5 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 27 Mar 2012 , 8:22pm
post #2 of 6

I was wondering the same thing because the flavors sound good. If you look at the size of the can of frosting vs the yield of a homemade buttercream recipe, I think it might take a couple of little packets, which could get expensive fast.

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 27 Mar 2012 , 11:33pm
post #3 of 6

At first I didn't realize there was a special frosting for the packets and I thought you just put it in a regular tub of frosting lol. I saw the commercial for it today and then noticed it was a frosting starter. This is very interesting. I would never use canned frosting though. I saw them on sale at the store two weeks ago and was tempted to pick them up. I may give it a try just to say I did. I think the cotton candy flavor would be cool for a kids birthday party.

btrsktch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
btrsktch Posted 28 Mar 2012 , 3:37pm
post #4 of 6

Or, you could just buy the extracts yourself! SpiceBarn sells cotton candy extracts.

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 3 Apr 2012 , 11:39am
post #5 of 6

When I saw the commercial for those "flavorings" I thought...yuk! More artifical flavorings and preservatives to add to an already crummy product.

kellyd01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyd01 Posted 26 Apr 2012 , 3:27am
post #6 of 6

I've tried them and I was not impressed. They made the frosting extra gooey. It just wasn't pleasant at all. I did not try them in homemade buttercream mostly because I didn't want to waste the buttercream icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%