Rectangle Marble Cake?

Baking By Claire138 Updated 26 Mar 2012 , 3:35pm by Claire138

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 26 Mar 2012 , 1:55pm
post #1 of 5

Does anyone know if marble cake can be adapted for a rectangular shaped cake? any recipe I've ever made with marble cake (& all the ones I've looked at today to find something different) say it has to be baked in a round pan. Is this true? I've only ever made it in a round pan but a friend wants a marble cake with a shape that requires I make it in a rectangular shaped pan ( a bottle laying flat) and I'm worried that it won't work. If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it. Thanks
(I'd be using a 12 inch rectangle)

4 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 26 Mar 2012 , 2:19pm
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire138

Is this true?

Not true.

Claire138 Posted 26 Mar 2012 , 2:29pm
post #3 of 5

Ah ok, thanks. I didn't think so but then got confused by everything I had read - case of reading too much.
I have another question though (just thought of it or else I would have put it with the first question), marble cake tends to be very light and airy do you think it can hold up under bc and mmf? it will be a bottle lying down so gravity should not be a problem but do you think it will 'sink' with the weight?

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 26 Mar 2012 , 2:59pm
post #4 of 5

No. It shouldn't sink. If your cake is taller than two 2" layers (or more than 4" tall), then you'd need to use a support system.

Claire138 Posted 26 Mar 2012 , 3:35pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks! Just put it in the oven.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%