Your Favorite Cookie Recipes?

Baking By Krista512 Updated 18 Mar 2012 , 8:26am by Marianna46

Krista512 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Krista512 Posted 12 Mar 2012 , 2:43am
post #1 of 3

Im looking for some good cookie recipes would anyone mind sharing their favorite cookie recipes?

In paticular im looking for a good
Chocolate Chip Cookie both a chewy and semi crunch one
Oatmeal rasin
Oatmeal chocolate chip
Chewy Sugar Cookie ( i use NFSC for cut outs its amazing but its deffinately not chewy
peanut butter
snickerdoodle
butter cookie
and any other recipe that you just absolutely love

2 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 18 Mar 2012 , 8:15am
post #2 of 3

My hands down favorite is one I got out of a Diane Mott Davidson murder mystery (the detective is a caterer and she supplies recipes in every book) and tweaked to my liking. It only has five ingredients: 1 cup butter, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon vanilla (or less - I'm just a vanilla freak),1 cup pecan meal and 2 cups flour. Cream the butter and the sugar, add the vanilla and mix again, then add the pecans and the flour and mix till blended. Shape into logs and roll up in waxed paper, aluminum or plastic wrap, then freeze till needed (put in freezer for an hour, even if using right away). Slice frozen, place on baking sheet at least an inch apart from edge to edge and bake at 325°F until brown around the edges (usually about 12 minutes in my oven). When done, remove from baking sheet to cooling rack. While still quite warm, dredge in powdered sugar. She has another really great cookie recipe called Red and Whites which I'll see if I can lay my hands on.

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 18 Mar 2012 , 8:26am
post #3 of 3

Success! I found the Red and Whites recipe. This is a butter cookie with cream cheese in the batter and with half a strawberry on top - incredibly delicious! And short, which is my favorite kind of recipe. You need 1 cup unsalted butter, softened, 1 3 oz. package cream cheese, softened, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon (or tablespoon, if you're like me) vanilla, 2 cups flour, 30 small ripe strawberries, hulled and halved. Cream butter and cream cheese, beat in sugar and vanilla, stir in flour till well mixed. Using a 1/2 tablespoon measure, shape mixture into small balls and place 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten cookies with the bottom of a glass. Place a strawberry half, cut side down, on each cookie. Bake for 12-18 minutes at 350°F till lightly browned. Makes 5 dozen.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%