Buttercream Flower (Not A Rose)

Decorating By Angelwluck Updated 27 Feb 2012 , 12:42am by Apti

Angelwluck Posted 26 Feb 2012 , 4:16am
post #1 of 6

I came across this cupcake and would love to know how to make the flower. I think it's a petal tip, but the curved edges are confusing me. Any insight into which tip and how to do it would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

5 replies
sing Posted 26 Feb 2012 , 4:22am
post #2 of 6

Wow that's neat! Have no input but here's a bump for you.

Apti Posted 26 Feb 2012 , 4:37am
post #3 of 6

Welcome to the forum!

Here's a lovely video that shows you how to achieve that technique (look at the the video at the 2 minute mark). The pastry chef is probably using a Wilton tip 104. Here is a link to the Wilton petal tips that shows you different sizes of that same shape:

Wilton Petal Tips

AnnieCahill Posted 26 Feb 2012 , 11:34am
post #4 of 6

You need a curved petal tip for this look. Not difficult.

Angelwluck Posted 26 Feb 2012 , 8:32pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you for all the replies. That video was amazing. I searched all over You Tube but couldn't come up with the flower name.

Thanks again for the responses, everyone here is so nice and helpful! =)

Apti Posted 27 Feb 2012 , 12:42am
post #6 of 6

You are very welcome. Go forth and create beautiful flower cupcakes!

Quote by @%username% on %date%