For All Ny Home-Based Food Processors

Business By MimiFix Updated 19 Feb 2012 , 7:54pm by MimiFix

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 17 Feb 2012 , 4:05pm
post #1 of 9

Attention all NY Home-Based Food Processors: NY Agriculture and Markets now allows website presence for communication and promotional purposes. Hooray!! Sales are allowed in NY state only, and no online sales. http://www.agriculture.ny.gov/FS/consumer/processor.html

8 replies
JaniceBest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaniceBest Posted 18 Feb 2012 , 12:27am
post #2 of 9

Thank you for helping us. I appreciate everything you do.

ladyren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyren Posted 18 Feb 2012 , 9:34pm
post #3 of 9

Awesome!!!

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 19 Feb 2012 , 4:58pm
post #4 of 9

Well, it's no surprise they made it legal. I know of quite home processors who already were doing it.

MimiFix Posted 19 Feb 2012 , 6:07pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaF144a

Well, it's no surprise they made it legal. I know of quite home processors who already were doing it.

Some of those home processors received Cease & Desist orders from Ag & Mkts. This rule had been unevenly enforced. Mail order or internet sales are still not allowed, but some sites have shopping carts and order forms. In our hard economic times, I'm just grateful the state allows home-based food businesses...

Lovelyladylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelyladylibra Posted 19 Feb 2012 , 6:50pm
post #6 of 9

So wait, your saying that new yorkers can bake cakes from their homes legally now?

MimiFix Posted 19 Feb 2012 , 7:04pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelyladylibra

So wait, your saying that new yorkers can bake cakes from their homes legally now?

NO!!! Please reread my original post. It states that Ag & Mkts now allows website presence for communication and promotional purposes.

This change, which is wonderful, now lets home processors have a legal online presence. Maybe in the future they will make more changes, but for now all other regulations are still in place.

Lovelyladylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelyladylibra Posted 19 Feb 2012 , 7:38pm
post #8 of 9

Okay so what exactly is a home processor, because I'm not understanding. when I google it a butcher comes up lol.

MimiFix Posted 19 Feb 2012 , 7:54pm
post #9 of 9

Use the link in my first post. That page explains the home processor exemption. It's an exemption from needing a commercial license so most home kitchens don't have to meet the regulations imposed on commercial kitchens.

But there are restrictions on allowed products and where you may sell them. Review the page and if you have any questions, call the NYC office (71icon_cool.gif 722-2876.

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%