Looking For A Yummy Apple Filling

Baking By just_learnin Updated 16 Feb 2012 , 5:11pm by just_learnin

just_learnin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_learnin Posted 10 Feb 2012 , 1:10am
post #1 of 9

Anyone have any real delicious apple fillings they care to share?? I am looking for something thats not real sweet, but not your typical apple pie type filling. I am making a cinnamon swirl cake with a cream cheese icing, but don't know what to use as a filling.......any recipes or ideas would be great
Thank you

8 replies
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 10 Feb 2012 , 3:01am
post #2 of 9

Hi,

Take a look at this. I always get fillings from here, Not sure if you wanted only scratch fillings.

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/shop/food-items/pastry-filling-apple/46/532/798/619075/

just_learnin Posted 10 Feb 2012 , 5:11am
post #3 of 9

Thanks, but yes I am looking for something that I can make myself from scratch. Thanks anyways, it sounds like what I am looking to make though now if only someone could post a recipe like that for me icon_smile.gif

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 11 Feb 2012 , 7:32am
post #4 of 9

yr welcome, Hopefully someone can help you out icon_smile.gif

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 11 Feb 2012 , 5:47pm
post #5 of 9

Here's what I would do. I would take my favorite filling for apple pie and just bake it in the dish without the crust. Use some extra flour or cornstarch to make sure it's on the thicker side. You don't want a lot of liquid because your filling will be too loose. Then when it's cool you can use it to fill your cake.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 11 Feb 2012 , 6:05pm
post #6 of 9
Goreti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goreti Posted 11 Feb 2012 , 6:05pm
post #7 of 9

I made a cinnamon swirl cake this week and this is what I used for a filling. I actually did 1.5 of the recipe. It was very good. For Apple Filling

2 mid-sized apples (grated)
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons lemon juice

1.   Transfer the grated apples into a small saucepan set over medium heat.
2.   Add sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice.
3.   Stir frequently until the apples are cooked and get a translucent brown color.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 11 Feb 2012 , 6:17pm
post #8 of 9

Here is one that i make also.

1 granny smith apple, chopped into small cubes
1 tbsp. butter
1/2 tbsp. flour
2 tbsp. sugar
2 tbsp. brown sugar
6 tbsp. water
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. nutmeg

combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and stir frequently on med-low heat.Allow mixture to simmer for 15-20 min. until the apples are fully cooked thru and the mixture becomes thick. Allow the filling to cool completetly. you can use this as filling or combine with your favorite frosting . i have combined it with smbc. delicious. I made a brown sugar smbc for the icing.

just_learnin Posted 16 Feb 2012 , 5:11pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks everyone!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%