Finding Inspirations????

Decorating By aundrea Updated 10 Feb 2012 , 3:10am by msthang1224

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 9 Feb 2012 , 11:25pm
post #1 of 6

im making a suprise birthday cake for my grandaughter saturday. i say suprise because its her actual birthday, but her party isnt until the end of the month and she already picked out her cake theme (its going to be a wicked/wizard of oz theme cake)
anyways, shes just getting into monster high. ive never seen it? dont even know what the heck it is, other than the latest fad.
luckily i saw the post for monster high cakes on the home page here.
but when i click the link to go to monster high website nothing happens.
so im finding it hard to find inspiration for her cake. i already have the design done. but i realize that not knowing anything about a theme cake is very hard.
i am not an artist so after 8 attempts to make the doll that i got her as a gift to put ontop of her cake-i cheated and used a 'paper doll' style for cake topper.
anyways, just stuggling with this one.
i am however really excited to do the wicked themed cake. i actually ordered the supplies i needed for it over 2 months ago. my grandaughter even helped me design the cake.
TFL

5 replies
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 10 Feb 2012 , 1:41am
post #2 of 6

Hi,

Try this link
http://www.monsterhigh.com/

Also, you could do an edible image placque: get a pic of the doll that you want to use and have it printer on edible paper at yr local supply store or local bakery and then roll of gumpaste place inage onto the gumpaste, trace with a xacto knife and let dry til the next day. Then attach a sturdy straw or dowel to the back using a lil melted chocolate and...VIOLA, you have a topper icon_smile.gif

HTH

msthang1224 Posted 10 Feb 2012 , 1:45am
post #3 of 6

Also, here is a tutorial on edible image placque

http://cakecentral.com/tutorial/how-to-make-an-image-icing-plaque

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 10 Feb 2012 , 2:47am
post #4 of 6

hello,
thanks for the link i will try it. i think it might be the one linked from CC homepage which for some reason i cant get to load.
i was trying to make the edible image myself doing the same thing you said. but i cant paint faces.
the store where i get all my edible photo images done will not print anything for me that is copyrighted. which i understand.
so i usually make them myself or use a royal icing transfer.
so im kinda stuck in this-what the heck am i doing with this cake-mood.
all the cakes i make-i let my family/friends pick the flavor but i always get to pick the design. i based the design on the person. what they like ....or whats happening in their life...etc.
thanks again for your suggestion and link!

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 10 Feb 2012 , 2:52am
post #5 of 6

I get a lot of inspiration from invitations. Here are some Monster High ones I from Party City.

http://www.partycity.com/product/monster+high+party+supplies.do

msthang1224 Posted 10 Feb 2012 , 3:10am
post #6 of 6

Yr very welcome icon_smile.gif Good Luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%