Thoughts On Diy Fondant Textures

Decorating By CiNoRi Updated 4 May 2013 , 2:14pm by iCookiBake

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 7 Jan 2013 , 12:00am
post #31 of 36

You can spray a wire cookie cooling rack with a little pam and press lightly into fondant for imprint..

I love this topic actually! Hope posts keep a coming for awhile..

Thanks!

Morgana-rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Morgana-rose Posted 10 Jan 2013 , 11:52pm
post #32 of 36

Now that is brilliant thanks for that

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 13 Feb 2013 , 11:30am
post #33 of 36

I found a couple of packets of texture mats (Cedar Canyon), that I bought for paintsticking on material, that I have never got around to using.  They have quite a deep impression and worked brilliantly when I pressed them into the fondant.  That got me started so then I pulled out a packet of unused Fiskar paper crafting impression mats that I had picked up really cheaply on sale.  These worked o.k. but not as well at the impressions were not overly deep but still quite good for the top of cupcakes.

bikemom3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bikemom3 Posted 13 Feb 2013 , 12:33pm
post #34 of 36

I've used a non-slip shelf liner to create a knit look for a sock monkey cake. also scrapbooking scissors with the different edges to create borders or i've used them to add a frilled edge on flower petals (since I can't buy every one...sigh)

Margaret393 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Margaret393 Posted 13 Feb 2013 , 2:49pm
post #35 of 36

I have used the following with good results!

Double mesh fine sieve to emboss centre of Sunflower - for baby shower topper

Meat BAT (textured end) to create a knitted pattern effect on a doily - for christening cake, baby shoes topper

Garlic press ( dont have a clay gun) for some grass effect on a base board - for funky christening cake

Fluted Scone cutter to make a round plaque - for 50th Golden Wedding cake

Examples regards to the use of the above kitchen untensils/equipment can be seen on some of my cakes in photo albums on Cake Central

Margaret393

iCookiBake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iCookiBake Posted 4 May 2013 , 2:14pm
post #36 of 36

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%