Picnik Closing April 2012.....other Recommendations

Lounge By Kiddiekakes Updated 23 Jan 2012 , 10:03pm by Kiddiekakes

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 22 Jan 2012 , 7:08pm
post #1 of 9

Anyone have any other free photo resizing site they can recommend?Picnik is closing in April and I use them all the time but I need a free site that I can resize my cake photos with..

Thanks Laurel

thumbs_up.gif

8 replies
TheSweetScoop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheSweetScoop Posted 23 Jan 2012 , 1:16am
post #2 of 9

Well, there is Microsoft Office Picture Manager which is on most computers, Google Picasa and you can become a Google+ member and edit your photos as well. With Picasa you can upload your photos in Web Albums and then edit them in Google+. Hope this helps.

Chris

erin2345 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erin2345 Posted 23 Jan 2012 , 2:53am
post #3 of 9

I only briefly scanned the email I got from them - but the gist of it (I think), was that they are being bought by google and google will offer the same picnik services in their google+ thing. I have been editing pics like mad today, using all the 'premium' features, lol.

Kiddiekakes Posted 23 Jan 2012 , 2:26pm
post #4 of 9

Hmmm..Maybe I should do that also Erin..but don't know how to use many extras except resize and crop....I'll take a look..Maybe I need to tweak some photos...

erin2345 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erin2345 Posted 23 Jan 2012 , 7:02pm
post #5 of 9

Kiddiekakes - if you are just using picnik for resizing and crop then you can use the 'paint' program on your computer to do that - if you have a PC that is. Or you can search online for 'paint programs for Mac' and I know they have one. To crop there is a crop button, and to resize you just change the pixels - so if it is 1600x1600 you could just reduce it down to 800x800, or you can even reduce the picture's size by percentages - the picture starts at 100% and you can choose resize to 50% and it will make it smaller for you. I am not very technologically inclined, so this is how I did things before I found picnik.

I find picnik great for adjusting the light/shadow and colours in my pictures. At any rate, it is run to play around with!

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 23 Jan 2012 , 7:15pm
post #6 of 9

I got the email too icon_sad.gificon_sad.gif I love Picnik!
I always use Photoshop.com to edit my pics as well, its easy and free icon_biggrin.gif

HTH

Kiddiekakes Posted 23 Jan 2012 , 9:28pm
post #7 of 9

cupcations...where does it say free...I looked on the site and all it says is to purchase.You get a free trial but after that you have to pay....Am I missing a link...

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 23 Jan 2012 , 9:59pm
post #8 of 9

Just to make sure we are on the same page lol

http://www.photoshop.com/

You have to create an account (top right).

HTH

Kiddiekakes Posted 23 Jan 2012 , 10:03pm
post #9 of 9

Yes..I was on that page but didn't realize I had to create an account..I'll do that..Thanks!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%