Embossed Fondant - With Logo

Decorating By hula1974 Updated 25 Jan 2012 , 9:48pm by ReneeFLL

hula1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hula1974 Posted 20 Jan 2012 , 2:49pm
post #1 of 11

I'm making some cupcakes for my office and I wanted to cover them with embossed fondant that is pressed with our logo. Does anyone know how I can DYI this? Is there a way to make your own press sheets or embosser stamps? I'm open to making something but would also be willing to buy something because this would be an item I'd use a lot.

10 replies
LisaBerczel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaBerczel Posted 21 Jan 2012 , 3:48am
post #2 of 11

How complex is the logo? That will help narrow down the options.....

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 21 Jan 2012 , 3:49am
post #3 of 11

Hi

I found this maybe it might help you: www.theartfulcrafter.com or www.rubberstamps.net

HTH

hula1974 Posted 25 Jan 2012 , 4:23pm
post #4 of 11

Thank you.
It's not that complicated, it's mostly text.
I'd like to be able to make a fondant sheet with the logo repeated so I can cut circles out of it for cupcake tops.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 25 Jan 2012 , 6:58pm
post #5 of 11

This reminds me of a childhood art project.... We would take elmers glue ans draw shapes on a cardboard and once it was dry, place a piece of paper over it and rub with a crayon and the print would be of the raised glue pieces..... can you do something similar but then use it like a stamp? You'd need to pipe it backwards but the glue is non-toxic and only touching the food for a second so it should be fine. Of course, there may be other mediums you could use too like royal, but I would worry that those might snap under the pressure of use.

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 25 Jan 2012 , 7:10pm
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by msthang1224

Hi

I found this maybe it might help you: www.theartfulcrafter.com or www.rubberstamps.net

HTH

You know, the rubber stamp idea is a pretty good one. They really aren't that expensive to customize. I will put that in my idea folder should the need ever arise for me.

hula1974 Posted 25 Jan 2012 , 7:53pm
post #7 of 11

I did look into those links. The second one looked great. I was going to create the logo in a repeating pattern and upload that art file but then I started reading here about how these kinds of stamps are not food safe icon_cry.gif
Also, I wondered if I would run into any problems getting the stamp made with this company's logo (they are a well known large company).

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 25 Jan 2012 , 9:15pm
post #8 of 11

I would think that since you work for the company, the cupcakes will be eaten there, and I assume no money is changing hands, you should be ok using the logo. To be doubly sure you could check with your boss (who could then check with their boss) that you will not get into trouble...

Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 25 Jan 2012 , 9:32pm
post #9 of 11

I'd pipe royal over the backwards logo on a piece of acetate and when dry, carefully press into the fondant. Make more than one JIC.

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 25 Jan 2012 , 9:43pm
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by hula1974

I did look into those links. The second one looked great. I was going to create the logo in a repeating pattern and upload that art file but then I started reading here about how these kinds of stamps are not food safe icon_cry.gif
Also, I wondered if I would run into any problems getting the stamp made with this company's logo (they are a well known large company).

Just use a piece of saran wrap between the stamp and the fondant and press. It works fine. Also...don't think too many will eat the logo.

ReneeFLL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReneeFLL Posted 25 Jan 2012 , 9:48pm
post #11 of 11

What about carving it out of wood to use as a stamp?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%