How To Do A Fondant Template Cut Out Of A Character

Decorating By rmburke Updated 18 Jan 2012 , 3:17pm by Texas_Rose

rmburke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rmburke Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 5:40am
post #1 of 3

Looking for some much needed help on how to do a fondant cut out of this photo for a Rapunzel theme birthday cake. http://movies.about.com/od/rapunzel/ig/Tangled-Photos/Flynn-Rider-Rapunzel-Maximus-Photo2.htm
Customer wants it all in fondant. I will be cutting the shape of the image from a sheet cake and then covering it in fondant. As for the characters I'm thinking of doing a fondant cut out but if there is an easier way of going about this I would greatly appreciate some ideas/advice. I don't own an edible image printer so that is out of the question.

2 replies
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 7:00am
post #2 of 3

Hi,

Im not sure how you would get this image onto your cake unless maybe if your good with painting characters or airbrushing????

I know you mentioned that you dont have an edible printer but is it possible to get the image printed at your local cake supply store, bakery etc????

I hope that someone can chime in on this post and help you better.

Good Luck.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 3:17pm
post #3 of 3

When I want to copy an image, I look for one without lots of shading. Then I cut around the entire image, cut that out of of fondant, and I start cutting out sections of the paper and cutting those out of the different colors and attaching them to my main cutout.

I think you can do some of the shading on the cutout with petal dusts, and you can add texture to your cutout for the folds of the skirt, the strands of hair, etc.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%