Dr. Martin Luther King

Decorating By CreativeGirl220 Updated 12 Jan 2012 , 8:46pm by prettycupcake

CreativeGirl220 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeGirl220 Posted 12 Jan 2012 , 2:57am
post #1 of 5

I had an idea to do a cake using Dr. Martin L. King picture for an edible image. I don't have the printer or ink to do it and grocery stores that have bakeries won't do it of course because it is illegal. I have no intentions of selling the cake because its for a dining facility and I get to use their ingredients so its a win win situation for me because I get to practice making a cake without using my own money. Does anyone have any suggestions of what I can do?

4 replies
JaniceBest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaniceBest Posted 12 Jan 2012 , 3:15am
post #2 of 5

Nice idea! Make a line drawing of Dr. King's face. You don't need too much detail, just enough to give the idea. If you're not at that skill level, ask someone to sketch it for you.

ReneeFLL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReneeFLL Posted 12 Jan 2012 , 3:23am
post #3 of 5

My local cake supply store prints them. You can check to see if a local cake store near you will do it. Also, some of the big cake supply stores do it if you send them the picture.

CreativeGirl220 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeGirl220 Posted 12 Jan 2012 , 1:03pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks for the ideas. I will call around and see if someone can hopefully give me an edible image of him but if not then the next best thing is a silhouette of him.

prettycupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycupcake Posted 12 Jan 2012 , 8:46pm
post #5 of 5

Hi,

The website below lets you email them a picture of what you want and they print it on edible paper and ships it to you. I called and checked on this before. Contact them...Hope that helps..

http://www.nycake.com/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%