Jewelled Beads On A Bracelet... Any Ideas Please?

Decorating By allaboutcakeuk Updated 1 Jan 2012 , 7:57pm by allaboutcakeuk

allaboutcakeuk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allaboutcakeuk Posted 31 Dec 2011 , 5:48pm
post #1 of 3

I've been asked to make a "chamila" or "pandora" style beaded bracelet which they have requested is of course in gum paste. However i'm wondering best way to achieve the tiny little jewels that are in some of the rounded beads on these bracelets. They are different sizes/shapes and v. small! any help appreciated please

thank you icon_smile.gif and Happy New Year

2 replies
melanie-1221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melanie-1221 Posted 31 Dec 2011 , 6:54pm
post #2 of 3

Whenever I need " jewels" I make up a batch of rock candy. For large shaped jewels ,before it is completely set I cut into my desired shapes, for small fragments I smash a piece and use the tiny shards. It works well for me because with water I can rub off sharp edges and manipulate the shape and it adheres to whatever surface I am attaching it to very well. It also keeps my designs 10% edible.

allaboutcakeuk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allaboutcakeuk Posted 1 Jan 2012 , 7:57pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by melanie-1221

Whenever I need " jewels" I make up a batch of rock candy. For large shaped jewels ,before it is completely set I cut into my desired shapes, for small fragments I smash a piece and use the tiny shards. It works well for me because with water I can rub off sharp edges and manipulate the shape and it adheres to whatever surface I am attaching it to very well. It also keeps my designs 10% edible.

Hi there thanks for the great idea, maybe good idea for me to buy some canddy then and break into bits if possible as they are such tiny pieces - I'll give it a go! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%