Please Help!!! Need To Make A Cake For A 100 People

Decorating By MadisonAndMommy Updated 17 Dec 2011 , 2:11am by carmijok

MadisonAndMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadisonAndMommy Posted 16 Dec 2011 , 7:43pm
post #1 of 7

I'M SO EXCITED AND NERVOUS AT THE SAME TIME...MY GRANDMOTHERS BUILDING IS THROWING A BIG CHRISTMAS PARTY AND ASKED ME TO MAKE THE CAKE...THEY AREN'T BIG FONDANT EATERS WHICH I AM PRETTY GOOD WITH WHEN IT COMES TO DECORATING...SO NOW IT JUST HAS TO BE A GOOD BUTTERCREAM...I'LL PROBABLY DO A SWISS BUTTERCREAM...WE DON'T WANT IT TOO SWEET....BUT THIS IS MY FIRST TIME REALLY MAKING A CAKE FROM SCRATCH FOR THAT MANY PEOPLE. PLLLLLLLLLLLLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEE IF ANYBODY HAS A DELICIOUS CAKE RECIPE...FOR A BASIC YELLOW CAKE AND FILLING FOR 100 PEOPLE PLEASE I WILL BE MORE THAN GREATFUL...

THANKS TO MY FELLOW CAKE CENTRALERS!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS

6 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 16 Dec 2011 , 9:05pm
post #2 of 7

I don't have any recipes but could I ask that you take your cap locks off as it is coming across as screaming...LOL

Welcome to CC!!!

nadiafrazel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nadiafrazel Posted 16 Dec 2011 , 10:40pm
post #3 of 7

I just do 275gr flour, butter, sugar, 3 eggs and a drop of vanilla all mixed up together in my kenwood mixer icon_smile.gif its very easy and very moist, and you can just multiply it as many times as you need. Good luck hope this helps. And I have to agree please take off you caps lock its very hard to read icon_smile.gif

crazyladybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazyladybaker Posted 16 Dec 2011 , 11:57pm
post #4 of 7

This is my go to yellow cake. I had posted it on here but can't seem to find it with all the changes. This link shows her adjust recipe which includes 1 C of milk.
I use her old recipe which does not have the milk in it.
http://www.globalgourmet.com/food/ild/2009/cakes/yellow-cake.html#axzz1gkHAlfkK

bmarlow001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bmarlow001 Posted 17 Dec 2011 , 12:40am
post #5 of 7

Are you making a tiered cake or a sheet cake? .... just curious icon_smile.gif

The WASC cake is very easy to make and super moist! as far as a filling what flavor are you going for? there are so many really good recipes here on CC. I love fruit fillings so one of my favorites is the chunky strawberry filling but I add more sugar to it when i'm making it.

Welcom to CC and good luck with your cake!

eperales0411 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eperales0411 Posted 17 Dec 2011 , 1:39am
post #6 of 7

This recipe I found here on CC, it is very good, carves great, it is moist, and has what I call a semi-dense texture which makes it great for carving/stacking. This is the title of the cake "Vanilla Butter Cake from The Mermaid Bakery" Good Luck!!!

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 17 Dec 2011 , 2:11am
post #7 of 7

Madisonandmommy...I had to laugh because your post was in all caps and it looks like you're either yelling at someone or screaming with desperation! icon_lol.gif At any rate...good luck with your cake --and don't worry, it will be great I'm sure! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%