Help With Making A Hennessy Bottle Cake

Decorating By AlishaNicole Updated 8 Oct 2013 , 7:18am by vanjg80

AlishaNicole Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlishaNicole Posted 10 Dec 2011 , 12:18am
post #1 of 9

hello! Im new to the forum, but wanted to ask for some tips and trick for and order to make a hennessy bottle cake. I had planned on doing the bottom in cake and neck in RKT.. suggestion on what size cake and how to cover in fondant please!! greatly appreciated!

8 replies
Ashleyssweetdesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ashleyssweetdesigns Posted 10 Dec 2011 , 12:45am
post #2 of 9

Is it standing up or laying flat?

cakeandparty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandparty Posted 10 Dec 2011 , 1:20am
post #3 of 9

If you can find a wilton baby bottle shaped pan you can alter it to make the hennessy.

AlishaNicole Posted 10 Dec 2011 , 5:43am
post #4 of 9

I was going to try standing up, I was thinking of stacking either 6" or 8" cakes and try to form rice krispies as the neck and top but I didn't know how to go about covering it with fondant and ding the labels might be tricky =\\ I'd love any advice please!!!

HiddenKitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HiddenKitty Posted 10 Dec 2011 , 11:56pm
post #5 of 9

You should check out some youtube tutorials on how to cover your cake with fondant. As far as applying the labels you can just print out the bottles labels and take them to the grocery store and have them print out the labels on edible paper.

AlishaNicole Posted 11 Dec 2011 , 12:21am
post #6 of 9

Thanks everyone, yes I've worked with fondant just not a 3d bottle and doing the neck is what I was curious about, I was going to ask the grocery about the label printing, hopefully they can. Thanks so much for the help. Can't wait to try it!

sillymoo84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillymoo84 Posted 11 Dec 2011 , 12:22am
post #7 of 9

I used 8 and 6 inch cakes and carved these into a bottle shape, ensuring a dowel went through the middle.

I used modelling chocolate to cover it with and handpainted the labels, but you could print it out of edible paper, hope this helps

HiddenKitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HiddenKitty Posted 11 Dec 2011 , 12:39am
post #8 of 9

Well rkt should work out fine for the neck & base. I'm not sure you would go about adding the fondant. Post pictures to my email [email protected]
I am going to be making a grey goose bottle and I am also curious how to work with the fondant.

vanjg80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vanjg80 Posted 8 Oct 2013 , 7:18am
post #9 of 9

AHello All! I to am trying to make a hennessy cake. Plz if you can be so kind to inbox me a tutorial or tips on how to make this cake. Thank you in advance :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%