Using Heavy Cream Instead Of Water In Wasc

Decorating By diamondsmom Updated 10 Dec 2011 , 4:33am by KAM65

diamondsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsmom Posted 6 Dec 2011 , 7:08pm
post #1 of 8

Has anyone used heavy cream instead of water in your cake mix. I always use the WASC recipes, dont want to try and mess it up, anyone please

7 replies
ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 7 Dec 2011 , 2:50am
post #2 of 8

When I make a white wasc, I use water but when I make the French Vanilla version, I use the French Vanilla liquid coffee creamer. I have never used heavy cream though.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 7 Dec 2011 , 3:36am
post #3 of 8

I too, have never used the heavy cream, but the french vanilla liquid coffee creamer. hth

diamondsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsmom Posted 7 Dec 2011 , 1:18pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks guys, well i went ahead, baked all my layers and used heavy cream instead of the water..it came out AMAZING!! the batter is on the thicker side though, tried a slice and it was heavenly! it's a keeper icon_biggrin.gif

robinmarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinmarie Posted 7 Dec 2011 , 11:42pm
post #5 of 8

i am going to have to try that next time I make WASC

KAM65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KAM65 Posted 7 Dec 2011 , 11:54pm
post #6 of 8

icon_smile.gif Hello everyone! I am brand new to this board. Is there a place to go for abbreviations? I have no clue what WASC is? lol I am brand new to cake making/decorating too. I am currently taking the Wilton course one..doing my final cake this week. TY all!

Kim

traci_doodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci_doodle Posted 8 Dec 2011 , 12:58am
post #7 of 8

Kim--WASC is White Almond Sour Cream cake. It's a very popular doctored cake mix recipe here on cake central. If you look in the recipes section under "most favorited" it should be at or near the top of the list.

KAM65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KAM65 Posted 10 Dec 2011 , 4:33am
post #8 of 8

TY! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%