Canon Not Recognizing Ink Cartridges...help!

Decorating By esq1031 Updated 2 Dec 2011 , 11:22pm by icingimages

esq1031 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
esq1031 Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 10:54pm
post #1 of 2

OK, so I just tried setting up my new Canon MG5220 printer that was recommended here. I then tried to install the ink cartridges that I purchased from icingimages and the printer was not recognizing them. I called icingimages and spoke to a nice woman named Lora who told me to switch the chips from the Canon ink carts to the icingimage ink carts. I did this and it still is not recognizing them. What do I do? It's now after 5pm,after business hours and I am at a loss. I needed to print up photos for a cake I am doing for a family member on Sunday. I am royally screwed.
Anyone encounter this problem before, please help!!!

TIA,
Jackie

1 reply
icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 11:22pm
post #2 of 2

Hey,
I am sorry you are having difficulties, something may not be right with your printer. Email me directly on our [email protected] account, it is easier for me to check after hours and I can try to help you. We will figure out the problem. Were you careful in switching the chips to be sure that the colors matched each cartridge? Also, is it possible that you dripped ink in where the connection is made? It may also be possible that the printer has a bent pin. The pins are the part of the printer that communicate with the chip on the cartridge. Let me know, but if you dont mind responding to the regular email, that goes to my iphone and I can stay on top of it easier/quicker. We will figure it out and get you working. No worries! Oh, its a great printer! You made a great choice. Just a small little bump in the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq1031

OK, so I just tried setting up my new Canon MG5220 printer that was recommended here. I then tried to install the ink cartridges that I purchased from icingimages and the printer was not recognizing them. I called icingimages and spoke to a nice woman named Lora who told me to switch the chips from the Canon ink carts to the icingimage ink carts. I did this and it still is not recognizing them. What do I do? It's now after 5pm,after business hours and I am at a loss. I needed to print up photos for a cake I am doing for a family member on Sunday. I am royally screwed.
Anyone encounter this problem before, please help!!!

TIA,
Jackie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%