How Long Will Creamcheese Icing Stay At Room Temp/cool Temp?

Baking By Kiddiekakes Updated 29 Nov 2011 , 4:05am by scp1127

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 28 Nov 2011 , 6:53pm
post #1 of 5

I usually make my regular Whimsical Bakehouse house Buttercream and then add 2 softened bricks of creamcheese to the batch..How long do you think it will keep without refridgeration?My BIL ordered 15 dozen cupcakes for his clients for Christmas and is handing them out in 6 pks. but I'm not sure if he will hand them out over a few days etc..which I'm sure he will but they will probably be left in his car(It is cold/winter here now so weather is not a problem...northern Canada...LOL icon_wink.gif

I am guessing 2-3 days...Maybe I should let him know to hand out sooner/quicker..

Any advice... icon_wink.gif

4 replies
AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 28 Nov 2011 , 7:59pm
post #2 of 5

I think technically it is four hours. I'll defer to people who have had the food safety class for the official number.

I have left out cakes for a couple of days with cream cheese icing. But those were just for family.

I would keep them in the fridge if children will be consuming them, because you never know.

crushed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crushed Posted 29 Nov 2011 , 2:12am
post #3 of 5

I would not recommend leaving them out for days. Can you steer him away from cream cheese frosting?

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 29 Nov 2011 , 4:00am
post #4 of 5

Four hours per govt FDA/HD regulations. If it sits out that long, it must be discarded, not refrigerated and served later.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 29 Nov 2011 , 4:05am
post #5 of 5

I forgot to add that if it is close to freezing and no sun, the car could be ok, but with changes in temp/sunshine throughout the day, I would never recommend it. It needs refrigeration. This is a case where the baker gets paid to provide a corporate gift. This is way too many steps in business transactions to chance anyone getting sick.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%