Oven Brand

Decorating By lolobell Updated 17 Nov 2011 , 8:03pm by TheCakerator

lolobell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lolobell Posted 14 Nov 2011 , 3:51am
post #1 of 4

Hey there!

I am moving in a couple of months and have to purchase an oven for the home...1/2 excited and 1/2 nervous because i have a feeling my budget won't allow for the "good" stuff!! however, i want to know if anyone has any opinions on oven brands....what you use etc. maybe you know brands that are terrible...or incredible...or in between. I have a Kenmore right now that i highly dislike...it cost me around $750 a year ago. i hate it. so many things i dislike about it. i can spend close to $1,000 this time around...any suggestions?

3 replies
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 14 Nov 2011 , 8:07am
post #2 of 4

I have three Kitchenaids that I used to love. I have a blog on my site about problems that can happen with these higher end digital ovens.

One thing to watch out for is the difference between convection on lower end models and true convection ovens. The cheaper ones use the name but they are just conventional ovens with a fan. Do some homework and don't decide right away. Prices are somewhat the same everywhere with price matching, so don't be in a hurry. Consult reviews on any that you like.

lolobell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lolobell Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 12:48am
post #3 of 4

thank you so much. see..i didn't even know about what you told me about convection. thank you so much! icon_smile.gif

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 17 Nov 2011 , 8:03pm
post #4 of 4

SCP, do you mind me asking how you find out if the oven is a "true convection" oven, or if they are just using the name? I'm currently looking at a stove (not a very high end, around $700) that claims it is a true convection .. the owners manual I read online says you have to lower the temp cooking degree around 25* for baking, and for roasting around 25% of the actual cook temp?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%