Holiday Cupcake Ideas

Decorating By allaboutcake8045 Updated 12 Nov 2011 , 6:31am by shuswapcakes

allaboutcake8045 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allaboutcake8045 Posted 8 Nov 2011 , 3:01pm
post #1 of 4

I am doing a community fair in a few weeks and their theme is Candyland. I will be teaching cupcake decorating and am looking for some ideas for the theme for cupcakes. Any ideas? I will also do a few holiday ones too.

thanks in advance.
Barbara icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 8 Nov 2011 , 5:39pm
post #2 of 4

You could do all kinds of fondant "candies" to put on top of the cupcakes.

If you do a Google image search you can find all kinds of ideas.

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 10 Nov 2011 , 11:07pm
post #3 of 4

Sometimes a quick trip to Party City or another party store's candy aisle gives me great inspiration for decorations. For example, there's an Xtreme Sour Belt (I think that's what it's called) which is a rainbow stripe of sour candy about 6" long that makes a great border, or rainbow, or bridge or... whatever! Different color candy 'pearls' or balls, Necco wafers, malted milk balls and candy rings . Red fruit slices (not at Party City, but elsewhere) make the beginning of Santa's cap on a cupcake! Decorating to me is using available items that already taste good and sometimes re-purposing so that it is not a mouthful of fondant! The Candyland theme sounds fun! Good luck and keep us posted.

shuswapcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shuswapcakes Posted 12 Nov 2011 , 6:31am
post #4 of 4

I know you said you were doing cupcakes but you have to check out this candyland cake!! http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Candy-Land-Cake

I have been waiting for a reason to make this cake (I just might have to make one up!) It's looks awsome for a kids birthday party!! Just had to show you icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%