More Power To You Cupcake Makers!

Baking By ajwonka Updated 2 Nov 2011 , 4:12pm by lexi55033

ajwonka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajwonka Posted 31 Oct 2011 , 10:12pm
post #1 of 8

I just spent 6 solid hours decorating 2 dozen Captain America shield cupcakes. I'm pretty sure I spend just as much energy on a 4 tier wedding cake! I don't see how you cupcake bakers stand it! My hat's off to you!

7 replies
sebrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sebrina Posted 31 Oct 2011 , 10:54pm
post #2 of 8

I agree! I made 165 cupcakes this past week & the only thing I said after every on was I HATE CUPCAKES!!!

labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 1 Nov 2011 , 10:38am
post #3 of 8

ohh.. not what I wanted to be thinking...as the date for a cupcake wedding aproaches. It is the largest order for cupcakes in a few years. The past record was 250 for a wedding each with a small rose and glitter. But that is when I had a business partner. Now not so much help.

I was trying to build myself up to my 176 cupcake order ... ugh... now I am not so excited. At least it isn't any thing fancy. Just two colors of frosting with pulled out 1m stars. But she also wants a 3 tier cake with the base tier in cake and two upper tiers in dummies.

Don't know if I could do cupcakes all the time either.

adamsgama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adamsgama Posted 1 Nov 2011 , 11:56am
post #4 of 8

I LOVE doing cupcakes. I like the product-line style. I like the baking, 24 in the oven baking, while I am loading another 2 trays. I try to freeze them in the containers I am delivering them in, less handling that way. I decorate them in those containers. I have everything premade to decorate. My icing, decorations, what ever needs to be done. The day of, pull them out of the freezer, load my bags and start piping.

Have fun with it.

Adamsgama

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 1 Nov 2011 , 12:02pm
post #5 of 8

I agree - I don't like cupcakes! I think it takes longer than a 4 tier wedding cake!!! After you do them a couple of times you really appreciate people that only do them - and cookies! icon_biggrin.gif

JensCupppyCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JensCupppyCakery Posted 1 Nov 2011 , 1:17pm
post #6 of 8

I love making cupcakes.... I did a wedding with 250 cupcakes and a wedding cake. Each cupcake had snowflakes on it but I had to layer two colors of snowflakes and then dust with silver. By the 250th cupcake I was ready to be done though. My favorite cupcakes that I made were for a birthday party and there were 100 with leaves, berries, acorns, and little mice. They took longer but I had fun making them because I hide little mice under some of the leaves. A little girl at the party wouldn't eat her cupcake because she wanted to save the mouse.

Valkstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Valkstar Posted 1 Nov 2011 , 3:57pm
post #7 of 8

I'm doing a market in December that lasts 20 days and has about 250,000 visitors each year....I'm sure I'll be on complaining I'm tired at the end of it icon_lol.gif

lexi55033 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lexi55033 Posted 2 Nov 2011 , 4:12pm
post #8 of 8

All I do is cupcakes! I usually have 2-3 weddings per weekend with an average of 250-300 cupcakes per wedding. I just did a 4 wedding weekend a couple of weeks ago and that was a bit much! Although most of my cupcakes are just frosted, they don't have the fancy fondant decorations. My oven will also hold a total of 12 dozen cupcakes at once, although I haven't had it filled to full capacity yet since I can't fill that many cupcake liners in the amount of time that it takes them to bake. I usually only bake 6 dozen at once.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%