My 1St Wedding Cake...piping/transfer?????

Decorating By TBEANZ Updated 31 Oct 2011 , 6:51pm by TBEANZ

TBEANZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TBEANZ Posted 31 Oct 2011 , 4:51am
post #1 of 6

Oki doki,

Here it goes, i have been doing alot of kiddie cakes for friends & family and now have my very FIRST request for a wedding cake, I am so excited as this is the direction i want to go in. But wow the nerves are kicking in.

The bride wants a plain white 3 tier cake with a black vine effect starting from the bottom and working its way up the cake with a red rose on each tier incorporated into the vine.

Now i have seen two techniques, piping & hand painting but to do either of these is just a risk doing it free hand. Does ANY ONE know if i can some how draw the pattern onto paper with something and then some how transfer it to the cake as a guideline???? or anyother super helpful techniques would be much appreciated. I will try and attach and idea of the two wedding cakes the bride likes and its up to me to pipe or hand paint.

Thanks so much in advance fellow cake central peeps.

5 replies
Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 31 Oct 2011 , 5:10am
post #2 of 6

Yep - draw your pattern onto tracing paper or other greaseproof paper. Use a scribing tool, or pin pricks to transfer the pattern to the cake. Remove paper. Pipe over the lines you have imprinted onto the cake.

Good luck!

TBEANZ Posted 31 Oct 2011 , 5:29am
post #3 of 6

Gosh thanks so much. Makes so much sense, why didnt i think of that. Thanks again.

Tina.

BennyJobs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BennyJobs Posted 31 Oct 2011 , 9:22am
post #4 of 6

Would like to see your cake design. If you are having any picture of your cake please upload it.

TBEANZ Posted 31 Oct 2011 , 6:51pm
post #5 of 6

God i so tried to upload a photo of both the cakes the bride likes but i am having no luck. Any suggestions on how to upload.

TBEANZ Posted 31 Oct 2011 , 6:51pm
post #6 of 6

God i so tried to upload a photo of both the cakes the bride likes but i am having no luck. Any suggestions on how to upload.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%