Cake Pops!!

Baking By ANGELAKAY264 Updated 27 Oct 2011 , 6:30pm by QTCakes1

ANGELAKAY264 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ANGELAKAY264 Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 5:23pm
post #1 of 8

I have made several batches of cake pops now, following the directions for the candy melts to a T and my chocolate will not get smooth! Everyone has such perfectly smooth texture cake pops and mine are lumpy and have lines? They taste amazing, but do not look amazing! I refridgerate before, melt on defrost and then 30 second intervals??? Any tips?? Thanks

7 replies
MCurry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCurry Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 5:33pm
post #2 of 8

Perhaps you are shaking too much chocolate off of them before they set or your cake pop was not rolled smooth enough when you started. If you are shaking too much off will giving them another dip fix your problem?

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 5:38pm
post #3 of 8

Add a tille shortening to your melted candy melts to thin it down a little.

FabricGal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FabricGal Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 8:10am
post #4 of 8

Someone posted this link, and I found it very helpful because my melts were really thick too sometimes!

ANGELAKAY264 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ANGELAKAY264 Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 12:51pm
post #5 of 8

I appreciate all the help! Maybe I'll try adding some shortening. The balls looked perfect it's the chocolate that looks like it never really melts completely or the way it dries....I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong there!

FabricGal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FabricGal Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 6:54am
post #6 of 8

On another thread, someone posted to microwave the chocolate to get it melty, then stir a lot...then MW a bit more, then stir at least 30 seconds or more. Do it again. Stir a lot. Maybe that will help?

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 11:37am
post #7 of 8

Candy melts alone are too thick, you need to add shortening, simply melting will not solve the problem

QTCakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QTCakes1 Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 6:30pm
post #8 of 8

Be careful to not over heat your choclate, cause you'll get lumy choclate that doesn't go on smooth. dd a little shortening or paramount crystals to keep it smooth. I do not suggest oil, cause you want it to reharden with no problems.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%