Question For Agbay Owners

Decorating By bobwonderbuns Updated 26 Oct 2011 , 12:28pm by bobwonderbuns

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 4:08pm
post #1 of 6

Hey all you Agbay owners! I have a question for you: I own the Agbay "senior" -- the large one, double blade. I'm debating getting the new Agbay junior but would like to hear some thoughts from those who own the big one or both. I use the small Wilton wire leveler for the smaller cakes -- have not had any problem with that but I also don't torte into small slices which I would like to start doing. So what do y'all think -- should I take the plunge for both Agbays or just stick with the large one?

5 replies
mayo2222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mayo2222 Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 4:51pm
post #2 of 6

Sorry I can't help, but maybe I can provoke some thought. I don't own the agbay, but the Sr. was going to be on the Christmas list for this year so I am sorta curious as well.

Why don't you use the senior for the smaller cakes? Not worth the trouble of getting out (i.e. too large or don't want to clean a large agbay off) The Sr. one doesn't work very well on the small cakes?

Why do you think the Jr. will work better or why would you want that in addition to Sr? I know thats sorta the point behind your post, but curious as to what your current rationale is.

bobwonderbuns Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 4:57pm
post #3 of 6

It's a pain to get out so I use it primarily for the larger cakes. The small wire leveler I have is easy to store and quick to use, so there's no storage and getting it out and setting it up and then cleaning it... to go through -- not like when using the large Agbay. I'm sure the large one will work just fine for the smaller cakes, but I do a LOT more smaller cakes and don't really have room to leave it on the counter all the time. Does that make sense?

PeggyMichel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PeggyMichel Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 5:05pm
post #4 of 6

I use my Agbay for all my cakes. I love it!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 5:19pm
post #5 of 6

I use my Agbay on all cakes. In fact I line up two layers of 6" cakes and torte and level them both at the same time with one long swipe.

bobwonderbuns Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 12:28pm
post #6 of 6

Okay thanks everyone!! I'm going to stay with the larger Agbay because it will work with the smaller cakes -- I can just torte more than one at a time like Leah suggested. Thanks again! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%